Our Core Values
Centrality of the Bible: Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:22-25
- The Bible will be central in all of our ministries.
Great-Commission-driven: Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20
- The great commission will be reflected in our ministries, budget, personnel, and our priorities.
Worship is a lifestyle: Romans 12:1-2, Matthew 22:37-40
- Our worship will glorify God and engage our heart, mind, and emotions leading to loving obedience to God.
Small group community is a “life-line” for spiritual growth: Hebrews 10:24-25, Acts 2:42-47
- Small-groups facilitate spiritual growth and formation, and are foundational to the mission of this church.
Cultural relevance: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23,
- The message of Christ is counter-cultural, yet our lives in Him can never be fully separated from the cultural in which we live. Therefore our mission must be carried out within our culture.
Ministry is best accomplished through healthy teams: Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12
- Working as a team leads to spiritual growth, encouragement and accountability.
Grace-Oriented Ministry: Romans 2:1-4, 3:23-24
- We will reflect God’s grace in our lives and ministry by loving, accepting and serving others to create environments of grace that foster forgiveness and authenticity in our relationships.
Ministry to marginalized people: Lev. 19:10, Proverbs 31:8-9, Acts 2:45, Matthew 25
- Every crisis is an opportunity for ministry. We recognize that it will require sacrifice as we seek to meet the needs of others.
Passion for lost people: Genesis 12:2, Luke 15, 19:10
- Like Jesus we will be passionate about seeking and saving the lost. We desire this to be done relationally and holistically (meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs).
Intimacy with God: John 15
- Intimacy with God happens through actively following Christ by renewing our spirit, minds, and bodies.
For an in-depth examination of the above Core Values, check out the Rules of the Road message series